Professional Resource Guide
North Haven, CT 07473
Benhaven’s Children’s Behavioral Services program provides home and community services to children age 3-21 based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. The Children’s Behavioral Services program addresses and supports changes in socially significant behaviors by focusing on:
- Reduction of problem behaviors
- Teaching socially appropriate behaviors
- Expanded communication abilities
- Increased social skills
- Increased independence at home and in the community.
At the start of services an intake will be conducted by CBS’s Program Director. A Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will then:
- Initiate an assessment process which will consist of completion of a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA).
- Write a Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP). This document will provide information including hypotheses of behaviors, strategies to improve behaviors, and specific intervention packages.
- Schedule ABA therapy sessions and select ABA technicians to work in your home. All technicians will be trained and supervised by a BCBA,
- Collect data and review it regularly. Programs will be updated as needed.
For more information, contact Arlene Kaye at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-599-7704.