Professional Resource Guide
Westbrook, CT 06498
Vista Life offers programs and pathways to independence for young adults with neurological disabilities.
Each member of the Vista community is supported as a person on their own journey toward greater self-reliance and personal achievement.
Founded in 1989, Vista Life Innovations is a full-service organization supporting individuals with disabilities throughout the various stages of life. Vista is accredited by the National Commission for the Accreditation of Special Education Services (NCASES).
- Vista Life creates a path to independence for young adults with a range of neurologically related disabilities.
- We offer structured, highly personalized services through which the people we serve gain necessary skills to work, navigate change, and experience the joy, satisfaction, and pride of personal independence and friendship through every stage of life.
- At Vista Life, the emphasis is on the individual. We prepare each person with foundational skills to make everyday choices. Our philosophy is to provide essential supports to reach the next level of personal independence. No more and no less.
- We are known for our residential transition program, Discover Independence, a 24/365 immersive residential program with a curriculum focusing on life skills, social and cognitive behavior, vocational support, and community involvement for individuals 18 years and older. Discover Independence is for those who are and developmentally ready to make a commitment to a comprehensive, community-based program.
- We also offer a selection of day programs, arts-focused opportunities to anyone in the local community, and an enriching summer program.
- Supporting services such as life skills, benefits and advocacy counseling and long-term planning, employment support, and transportation are also available.
- The Charter Club is an established recognition program that celebrates the tenure and experiences of Vista members and Vista employees who have been a part of the Vista community for 20+ years.
Vista Life Innovations does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, or ancestry in its admissions, policies, or services.