Building on the Spectrum
October 17 @ 1:15 pm – 2:00 pm
In-person Building on the Spectrum will be back in October at our home in Newington!! Individuals will be encouraged to share their creativity, practice problem-solving skills, and make social connections with peers using LEGO® and other building mediums. This 4-week program will take place on Sundays. We build on themes and skills each week, so it is beneficial to join us each week to get the full impact and make peer connections.
Recommended for ages 9-13.
In order to reopen our doors and safely welcome our families back to in person programs at 600 North Mountain Road, Autism Families CONNECTicut (AFC) has developed thorough Covid-19 mitigation strategies. These include staff training, reduced participant numbers, shorter program time, mask mandates, social distancing, Covid registration procedures, health screening & temp checks prior to each program.
While we are excited to resume in person programming, safety and health are AFC’s first priorities. All our new policies will be communicated on our website, social media, and provided in advance to all registered participants. If you have any questions, or concerns about AFC’s Covid protocols, please contact Maria Mascoli, email@example.com.
- Once registered on-line, we will email you the registration paperwork. Kindly complete these forms at home and email them back to us prior to the day of the program.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the program start time for additional registration and health screening, which includes temperature checks and a Covid questionnaire. Anyone exhibiting symptoms or has a temperature of over 100.4°F will not be allowed to participate in AFC programs.
- Masks are mandatory for participants, parents/ guardians, caregivers and staff. Please bring your own masks.
- Only one parent/guardian or caregiver per participant allowed in the building.
- In order to maintain social distancing, we are limiting the size of our programs and as a result will offer a waitlist for all programs. If you need to cancel, please notify Alicia Bray, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible, so that we may offer the spot to another friend.
Autism Families CONNECTicut